Wednesday, March 7

Allisonism, Aliism, whatever

Today (and yesterday) Allison was complaining of the back of her head hurting. So I asked her if she bumped her head. She said she didn't but I rephrased to clarify and asked if she bumped her head maybe yesterday being when the hurt began. Annoyed she responded, "NO! Not soon or later or today!"

This is an example of what I have tried to convey in my art. The difficulty children have grasping the concept of time. Also thrown in there is the language issue. We have so many ways to convey time and it's passage and it's relative nature. Hmmm. It's a thinker.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

According to Einstein time is relative.

You talking about your art makes me think of that piece (I think it was doe by Dali) with the melting clock in the wilderness.