Wednesday, March 7

Adventures in Angieland

At the Washington house...

Tyler turned 6 months old today! He is enjoying eating rice cereal. He will eat the mashed up bananas, but doesn't like them as well because they have more texture. As soon as it ripens I am going to try to give him papaya; that was Gabrielle's baby food of choice when we were still living in Santa Cruz. He can sit up for a few minutes by himself until he wobbles over to one side. He loves going around in his walker.

Gabrielle is amazing me with her thirst for knowledge. She is a Kindergartner now. Almost every day before I begin class with her she tells me, "I want to work hard today so I can learn." I am much obliged to consent to her request. She is showing a great aptitude to numbers and logic.

Timothy continues to be mechanically minded. Our hard wood floors are nicely accented with Legos, paper airplanes, folded boats, origami, sketches of inventions and numerous reference books open to the pages of machinery, cars, space craft and other such gadgets. The other day he sketched out the breakfast machine from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

Raimy got started in her art class and is loving it! She goes two times a week for two hour sessions and comes home with a new masterpiece every time. Her teacher is a well known Bolivian artist. Her instructor was especially eager to teach Raimy upon discovering that her grandma is so artistically inclined.

DaRonn and I are doing well. Keeping busy as usual. I with my home school and mothering duties, he with the brunt of the ministry work.

Following is a little anecdote that I posted on my personal site that I think you may enjoy.

The Finite Points of Life

While cleaning up around the house with the family I stuck my finger in a live current. Upon hearing my yelp my good husband inquired, “What happened? Are you ok?” A bit disgusted with myself I responded, “Yeah, I just stuck my finger here and got a shock.” My five year old asked, “Did you get burned?” “Yes, I did,” I said. Moved to sympathy she cooed, “Ooh! Ow!” as she examined my finger. Glancing over and surveying the situation big sister purses her lips and frowns at the little one then curtly replies, “Yeah, but at least she is still alive.”

My pinky is still tingling, making it hard to type my a’s. But, as the sage said, at least I am still alive.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I am glad you are alive. Ali's food fave was tomatoes. She still likes the juice of the tomato.

JILL said...

Your kids are AMAZING! almost as amazing as mine. It is so good to hear these essential details of your world. Keep it coming.
would this Bolivian artist have published works I could browse? What a great opportunity for your girl. Timothy continues to sound like his engineer Opa. Gabrielle-she just...Wow. It will be so interesting to watch this special group of individuals develop! Awesome! What a group you have there!
Glad you are OK, Ang. Please be careful. Love you so!---Mom

Anonymous said...

http://www.marcelamerida.org/

It is a great site. Let me know what you think of her art.

JILL said...

thanks for the website. WOW. I enjoy her style.She has impressive work.
Raimy has a great opportunity! HOW COOL for her.

Shawn said...

your kids make me laugh. so cute. its so exciting to hear that gabrielle is such a learner. awesome.
shawn