Monday, November 26

per request...

For Thanksgiving, Terry, Allison and I went to his mom's in Ponca City, OK. Terry's sister and her three kids (youngest 14) came too. We went to a restaurant because his mom's apartment was too small for eight. The restaurant served the traditional stuff. The best though was the fresh buns, hot out of the oven.
Then we went back to his mom's for some cake (it was Brian's birthday, Sherry's son, Terry's sister). We also had a veggie tray and fruit tray and chips and dip.
Then we went over to Terry's dad Terry's house for an encore. Terry Sr.'s wife Pat had made the feast earlier for her kids and we continued to eat it.
Then we went back to Terry's mom's house. She had bought a pumpkin pie at Perkin's restaurant and we continued our munching and I ate a piece of pie. I got to take the rest home with me because everyone else was too full.
Friday we spent at Mom's. I helped her shop and cook the meal: ham with pineapple sauce, mashed potatoes with gravy, stuffing, stuffed eggs, relish trays and pumpkin pie for dessert. It was wonderful! It was the best meal, mainly because it was the freshest. The stuffed eggs turned out great thanks to some hints from Martha and for Terry's stepmom Pat.
We played some UNO and then watched some football. It was a nice evening, relaxed and delicious.

A short list of what I am thankful for is:
My family and Terry and Allison especially.
For Terry's new job (he is still painting but at a better shop and making more money, lots more).
That the semester is almost over.
That I have a beautiful Christmas tree (Allison helped a lot with it).
My jobs.
My health and my family's health.
My apartment.
My car.


I love you guys. Happy Holidays

1 comment:

Angie Washington said...

Thanks 'Em, sounds like it was a great celebration.