Wednesday, June 6

Summer...

Thought I'd fill ya'll in to what little I'm doing this Summer.

Terry took me to Topeka Saturday for the drag racing and it was awesome. We had fun. I loved the fresh sqeezed lemonade. The track was too hot for the cars to make a good pass, but it was cool because they would start to lose control and swirve and then slow way down, but for a moment you held your breath for what might've happened. I got a cool visor and t-shirt and a hot sunburn. It seemed okay until Monday when it blistered around my neck. YUCK! OUCH! At least Terry got me out of there early Saturday or it would've been worse. I was not smart by not wearing sunscreen. I never want to do that again. I haven't in a long time. You all remember my sunburns, well this is my last.

Monday I helped my photography teacher hang his show for Botanica. It was all black and white "old-fashioned" photos. I helped him frame them before school was out. It took all day to hang them because we had to suspend them by fishing line to the ceiling with hooks (the walls are brick). He paid me $100 to help him.

I got a letter yesterday informing me that I made the dean's list for last semester. That makes 5 out of 6 semesters. My first politics class screwed me up when I made a C. But as some of you heard I made a B in the following politics class.

Lucas, I've been wanting a bike trailer so Ali can go on my bike rides with me like we had for Kent. I just thought this morning to look on Craig's List and found on in Derby for $50 barely used. I am going this afternoon to get it. I am so excited! I love biking to get/keep in shape and now I don't have to worry about what Ali's doing, she can come with me.

Kent is back at Starky where he will work five days a week the same schedule he had for school. Mom or I drive him in the morning and pick him up at 3:30pm. He didn't want to go back but now that he's back he is enjoying it. He still has time afterwards to play Wii. His high score on bowling is now 277. He only had one spare and the rest strikes. I so wanted to see him get 300. Maybe sometime.

Last week Allison was inseperable from her puppet frog who she named Allison Laura Houtz and it was four years old almost five. She brought it everywhere and in stores and restraunts. She couldn't be without it and talked to it and used it as a medium for us to communicate with her. I was telling myself it is a phase and luckily it seems to have been a short phase. I haven't seen the frog for two days now. Which is good because she would actually order food for the frog and not herself.

I hope my family is good. I love you all.

1 comment:

Angie Washington said...

Please tell Kent that I am proud that he is back at work. Great high score he's got.

How cute about Ali's frog.
Thanks for the update, it's good to know what is going on.

Love,
Angie