Tuesday, April 24

A Fun Weekend




Here's the traveling foursome. Saturday Ali and I drove to Tulsa where we met up with Angie and Tyler. We arrived in time to hear her preach- in Spanish. Ali and I wore headsets that received the translation into English. That was a surreal experience. Then we made the five hour drive to Saint Joseph (despite difficulties with toll stations) with a dinner stop at the Iron Skillet and had a nice break and a yummy meal. Allison would tell you we "pretended to knock on doors" meaning we told knock-knock jokes. Ali was good at making up her own, at least it made us laugh. We got into St. Joe just after midnight and went to the late service at church on Sunday. Then we shared sandwiches at Schlotsky's (their French-Dipsky was really good actually). Joyce showed up later in the afternoon and then it was time for me and Ali to head back to Wichita. We had a blast and I wish I could've stayed longer and had late-night knock-knock sessions. But being two weeks to the end of school I am running out of time to get my 15-page politics paper finished (which I am taking a break from right now).

Angie, I can't wait to see you again. Shawn, we gotta try to get all the cousins together. Lucas, how do you make Au Jus?

I love you all. Hopefully will see most of you over the Summer.

2 comments:

Angie Washington said...

That was a fun trip! Thanks for posting the pictures. :-)

Yeah Lucas - how do you make that dip?

Lucas said...

Au jus is the drippings from a roast, so if you would cook a roast in the oven on a rack in a pan to catch the jus that drips, every thing in the pan makes up the jus, yes, it is alright to eat, and yes, you will not be disappointed if you don't burn it, you can always collect it during the cooking process so that it doesn't burn.