Wednesday, December 24

Happy Christmas Eve!

Have I shown you all the picture of the kids by the tree? If I have it deserves repeating.
Here is our candle ready to light for lunch today.
Had you heard about Allison's candle problem? I will let her tell you in her own words.

How are things going with the candles in the other homes? Is it a tradition we should keep? Suggestions for improvements?

Here is a picture of DaRonn and I at a Christmas party Monday night with our English speaking friends.
Here is a shot of my dessert yesterday after lunch. So yummy!
Houses of Gingerbread. (I put these on my blog, but I thought they went well with this post and you might not have seen them.)
Happy Christmas Eve!!!

3 comments:

Shawn said...

Angie this was such a nice post. I almost felt like I was there with you all as you enjoyed all of your Christmas traditions. What a Joyful time and you all seam to be enjoying it.
I wish you all a very Merry Christmas from the Smith family to the Washington family.
Lots of Love to you all!!!

Unknown said...

I think the candles were great!I bet we'll do better next year keeping track of them and not having "candle problems" but who knows. G-ma and G-pa could not burn theirs because of G-ma's oxygen in the house so it was still fresh as new when we were there for Christmas. I suggest we add another element - an ornament exchange. Ali has a good start on her collection and I have a few, but I LOVE having ornaments that are extra special. Whatdoyathink?

Anonymous said...

Oh, I didn't know that the candles were not good for G-ma and G-pa... hm... I think I could come up with a creative solution for them.

The ornament exchange is a great idea! Why don't you go ahead and organize that Emily. As long as we have a one month bumper for us to send and for stuff to be sent to us then we are great. With the candles if I remember right I sent them out the first week of November. So if all the names are divvied out by that time of '09 it would work great. I think it would be interesting to involve the kids (cousins, grandkids, whatever you want to call them) in that too, if you want.