Sunday, June 15

Happy Father's Day!

First I would like to wish all our father's a happy fathers day. Each of you enhance our family just by being a part of it. Especially the father head, Dad, this post is for you and all that you do.

Dad, I was thinking about you the other day only to more deeply recognize how wonderful you are. You truly are a man of many talents, who isn't afraid to jump in and get his hands dirty to get the job done, who knows what it takes to keep a household in working order and how to keep his family happy.

Some say that the heart of the home is the kitchen, where all gather to gab and feast, I say there is an alternate location for home's heart (at least our home) - the garage. It is the marrow of the house's regeneration, the go-to place for each family member's problems, it is full of surprises but one truth seems constant - "Dad probably has one."

Aside from the garage you are the glue that keeps our family together and the lighthouse for each member to be guided by.

I appreciate your role in my life.

Thank you, Dad. I love you!

1 comment:

Angie Washington said...

mmm - Emily - this a so good. I agree that the garage is the hub of the Houtz home.

Dad, you are awesome. I love you so much and I am glad that you are my dad. Happy Father's Day.