Tuesday, May 8

No Good Deed, Packrats, Finals, and Mufflers

Hey there my family! I am so excited to see all of you soon... if not this weekend then the next!!! Right now I am blogging to take a break from cleaning the fridge (which really needed it) which I was doing in between studying for finals.

But before I talk about finals, I'll tell you about the fridge. As I said, it really needed cleaning, I didn't want all my family to come this weekend and peak into our fridge and see the mess it was in, so I cleaned it, no big deal right? Well, I was almost done, on my last shelf, I washed half the shelf and as I was turning it to do the other half it twisted or something and shattered into a million little pieces, none bigger than my thumb nail. Dad heard it and rushed to get the vac and as I shop-vacuumed the pieces from the sink, disposer, counter, floor in the kitchen and the dining room, he found a piece of plexi-glass (that was in the basement) and cut it to size, so now we have a new shatterproof shelf! So don't worry, when you come, the fridge will be like new.

Speaking of like new, my car is reborn. You know it's an old car, I love it, Grandma gave it to me as my college graduation gift (early of course, I am still in school). It's a comfortable car for your seat but may get a little hot in the summer. Well, I thought that since it was so old that it was normal for it to have some quirks, say like shaking violently especially at higher speeds or say like giving me headaches and nausea occasionally. But the other day when Terry drove me somewhere in it, he got a little concerned and had it checked out. Within twenty-four hours it had new front tires, balanced and aligned, oil change, new antifreeze, and a new muffler (the old one crumbled at any light touch). So, THANK YOU TERRY FOR SAVING MY LIFE! He said the tires were ready to blow out at any time, he could see the inner wires in the tires. And the new muffler took care of the exhaust leak. It rides soooooo smooth now. Even Allison said it doesn't "wiggle or be rough" anymore.

So it's been a rough semester at times, but it's almost over. Tomorrow I have a photography final critique at 8:30am and an individual critique at 11:00am for my art history final paper/project and at 5:30pm my art history final exam. Then I'm done until Tuesday morning when I have my politics final. I hope to leave my painting project hanging at school so maybe people can go see it this weekend. I also have here at home all my paintings of us kids that I'm getting ready for my show. Also, make sure to check out my black and white photographs I took of Kent for his open house. They're cool.

Now I'm pooped out and might skip dishes tonight and head straight for bed. I love all you guys and am very excited for this weekend and next. Allison and I picked out some goodies for her cousins today and she is very excited. She especially seemed interested in getting things for Gabrielle, I had to keep telling her we had enough for Gabrielle and were looking for Timothy now. But when we got home it was Timothy's stuff she wanted to play with. It will be fun to have them all together!

No comments: