Sunday, August 3

Smith Family Update

Our family has gone through some big changes recently and we continue to trudge through the changes eager for the day that we settle into our new routines.
For starters, I lost my job as a nanny (due to the pregnancy and timing etc.) It was a bit of a shock but I think it was a good thing in the end.
I have recently started a new job at Profesional Research Consultants Inc. I will be conducting healthcare surveys over the phone. But I am still in training. This job allows me to set my own hours and I can work it around Nicks schedule so that Sasha wont need to go to daycare. I will only be working part time. Perfect, because I need the time to get the house packed up. Which brings us to the next big change. We are moving. We will be renting a house. I am very excited about it because we will have three bedrooms and a fenced in back yard. (hopefully we will get a dog down the road. But first things first.)
We move in three weeks. August 23rd. I am really feeling the crunch. Once the move is complete the race will begin to get unpacked and settled in before our next big change happens. The arrival of MacKenzie Jo Smith. Due September 29th. (I love the little ticker countdown, by the way.) Once she is here I will be able to breath a sigh of releaf and we can all begin to settle into the new house and get use to being a family of four.
Sasha is deffinetly feeling unsettled through this prosses, but we just have to get her through the next couple of months. Nick and I are feeling stretched to the max as well, but thats ok we dont mind a little hard work. The only ones that dont seem to be upset by anything right now are the cats, Wicket and Cirrus. They are handling it great and have done well in the past everytime we have moved.
The picture is of Sasha playing at the park. Next to swimming, the park is her favorite thing to do. She loves being outside. And she loves anything active and physical. Deffinetly got those characteristics from her Daddy.
She knows that MacKenzie is coming and likes to kiss the belly and talk about her baby sister. But right now its all very abstract. It will be interesting to see what happens when she finds out that MacKenzie is a real person.
The pregnancy is going great. I have been very healthy and things have gone much easier for me this time then they did last time. Nick and I cant wait to see what this baby looks like. We are excited to meet her.
I think that brings everyone up to speed about our life right now. We miss you all.
Love Shawn

3 comments:

Angie Washington said...

Hey Shawn,

Thanks for filling us in. Those are a bunch of changes. Be sure to post or email us all your new address and phone number (if it changes).

I am sorry that you lost your job, but I am glad that you got a new one.

Crunch time indeed... but it is better that you are moving before the baby arrives so that you can settle a bit.

Kisses and hugs all around. I miss you too!

Angie

JILL said...

Hey Pooks!
Great blogging! Thank you!!! You are so busy! Remember to be gentle with yourselves through all of this. Love you so...
Mom

Unknown said...

Shawn, You are a great writer. Thanks for keeping us informed. Terry and I liked hearing all about your changes. Love and Kisses.