Thursday, August 14

Allison Meets Her Teacher


Allison starts Kindergarten tomorrow. It will be all day. Her teacher sent her a nice postcard to welcome her to the class, but there was no formal orientation set up for the school I called her teacher and asked if we could drop by and meet her and see the classroom. That's what we did yesterday. Her teacher's name is Mrs. Ducommun. She was very nice. As we entered the classroom Allison surprised me by walking ahead of me (instead of clinging to my leg) and introduced herself as "my name is Allison." and hugged her new teacher. Allison asked the question that had been burning in her mind since she got the postcard, "How did you know how to spell my name?" Mrs. Ducommun said the office gave her a list. Then she asked Ali if she could write her name on the chalkboard which Ali did nicely. Before the visit was over I asked Ali if she had any questions for her teacher. She thought for a while before asking, "Are aliens real or not?" to which her teacher replied, "No, they are just pretend." Relieved Ali said, "That's good." I did all I could not to laugh out loud, but every time I tell someone we share a big laugh. Watch for pictures of her first day. We are excited for this big landmark. It is interesting too, since I had a different experience.

1 comment:

Angie Washington said...

Oh my what a perfect picture!

Well I am sure glad to have that question cleared up - it has been bugging me for like forever! :-) Emily please tell Allison I am glad that she asked that and that I hope she has a fabulous time in Kindergarten. I am excited to see more pictures. :-)