Monday, December 31

Happy Birthday Shawn!

Dear Shawn,

Wow - you are what? 26? Congratulations on this your birthday!

I am sure that mom could tell it much better than I could; but I always loved your birth story best of all...

The nurse that assisted in the delivery wore flashy earrings because everyone was partying for the New Year. Mom was praying in tongues so loud they thought that she spoke Spanish - so they called in a Spanish speaking person to translate. Mom knew she had nothing to prove so she wanted pain killers. Dad was watching the injection and he fainted! He hit his head on the doorknob and had to be taken out to get stitches. And you were born on the last day of the year.

You have always been my sweet little sister. I love you very much! I hope that you feel special today and that you are able to do something fun. Happy Birthday!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I echo Angie's words in that I love you much too... You are the greatest! I hope your day was awesome... I tried to call your cell, but you were probably out partying already!

Shawn said...

even though i am reading this late into january, i deeply appreciate your post. thank you very much. i have always loved my birth story as well. by now its almost legend.
i am 26, and i am very blessed to have two WONDERFUL big sisters.
love you both.
Shawn