Friday, August 17

Long time, no blog....

Hello family,

I thought it was about time to fill you all in with what's going on in my life. Besides school starting yesterday and all the normal first week of school things, there has been complications as well as great opportunities.

First complication being my DL being suspended, so until my court date on the 30th I am relying on others for transportation to and from school and elsewhere. Pray that I get it all taken care of smoothly.

Now for the good news. First, last week Ali, Terry and I got an apartment. We are not to far from Mom and Dad's house. We have a big L-shaped pool and a playground for Ali. I hope you guys will get a chance to come see it, Mom will have a spare guest room now;) Terry painted Allison's slide bed pink and she loves it! It took 14 cans of spray paint. The apartment buildings are brick with tall white pillars and a small community. We did have some kinks when we moved in like the toilet backing up and had to be hand-snaked a couple times and got a new toilet before they finally took the big snake to it and now it's fine. Also, we had no oven racks, they found me one and have the second on order. We are on the second floor and have a patio/deck thing that looks over the pool. We put a couple plants out there and Allison's rocker and a lounge for me. She and I like to sit out there in the mornings. They also just resurfaced the parking lot, it looks nice and fresh.

The other neat news is that I got a job as an adjunct professor at Tabor College. It's about 50 miles from here. I will be teaching beginning photography. Usually they hire people with degrees, but they're desperate and my photography teacher gave them my name with lots of accolades. It's a great break into the profession I am aspiring to.

I have my art show reception Saturday. I am excited and hope a lot of people come. I have gotten good comments about the show already in the comment book. The school newspaper is going to interview me for it too.

Well, that's a brief update. Now I am going to go clean out my studio here at Mom's and take it to school.

Love you guys.

1 comment:

Angie Washington said...

Wow - That is a doozey of an update! :-) Thanks for filling us in.

Do you have a computer at your apartment?